Thanksgiving is fast approaching and we are here to add a new meal on your dinner menu. Some might say that beans are plain, but trying out this thick flavoured white bean soup will surely change your mind. Back here in the kitchen is John to help us out in creating this amazing dish. Make sure to follow our recipe to get that perfect flavor, creamy texture, and healthy benefits.
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
4 hot or sweet italian sausages, (optional: casing removed)
1 small onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
Salt & pepper to taste
2 chicken bouillon cubes
1 tsp dry rosemary, crushed
4 cans white beans, drained
4 cups of water
6-7 bay leaves
1 tsp Parsley
1. Start by heating the pot on medium heat and greasing it with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Meanwhile, remove the sausage casing before putting them in.
2. While it’s still cooking until golden brown, dice up the onion and add more olive oil before putting it in.
3. Crush and mince the garlic. sauté together for 4-5 mins. Afterward, season with salt and pepper to taste. Drop the chicken bouillon in together with a teaspoon of crushed dry rosemary. Cook thoroughly
4. Add white beans and stir for about a minute or two before pouring four cups of water. Enhance the flavor with some bay leaves.
5. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes. From the pot, mash a cup of beans to thicken the soup. Afterwards, put it back and stir. Cook for 5-10 mins more.
6. Finish it off with some parsley.
7. Serve in a medium bowl and enjoy!
Save the recipe here.