Of course everyone loves Taco Tuesdays and we are no exception. Here is our rendition of the Perfect Chicken Tacos that you can try for your next Taco Tuesday or Taco Any Day!
For this easy Chicken Taco recipe we used some white meat and some dark meat. To make it a quick and simple weekday recipe we are using spices rather than marinades that need time to marinate.
We are grilling the chicken in a pan on the stove; in the Arizona summer it is sometimes to hot to go out and use the grill so we are using this cooking method so we stay nice and cool.
Also today we will make a little Pico de Gallo. This isn't normal in John's household since most of them aren't big veggie fans.
And of course we are going to add cheese at the end since we are all cheese lovers!
We hope you try this and enjoy it in your own home! Also please watch our video for more tips and to see how fun it is to cook! Our written recipe is below the video.
If you liked this video, please like, subscribe & share our YouTube channel to help support us.
Perfect Chicken Tacos
2 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp ground garlic
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp paprika salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat a pan with oil
2. Slice raw chicken thin, pour a little olive oil on the chicken and rub on
3. Mix all the spices together (cumin, chili powder, garlic, cayenne pepper, paprika, salt and pepper) and sprinkle liberally on both sides of chicken
4. Place in the hot pan and top with salt and pepper, grill about 3 minutes until golden brown and turn
5. Grill chicken on second side about another 2-3 minutes until golden brown and has reached internal temperature of 165° F
6. Dice up chicken
7. Prepare tortillas to your preference
8. Add chicken, Pico de Gallo, cheese, and any other toppings you want and enjoy
Pico de Gallo
cilantro, finely chopped
1. Combine all chopped veggies in a medium bowl
2. Squeeze half a lime and add the juice to the veggies
3. Give it a good mix and ready to serve
Optional Garnish: cilantro Colby Jack and Sharp Cheddar cheese