This macaroni and cheese recipe topped with bread crumbs is a creamy and comforting meal. What's good about it is you can make the sauce from scratch with cheese and milk. Not only that, we upgraded our macaroni and cheese by adding in bacon and broiling it in the oven. With that, this mac and cheese is made to perfection.
· 1 lb Elbow Macaroni
· 3 cups cheddar cheese and extra sharp cheese
· 8 oz cream cheese
· 2 ½ cups of milk
· 12 oz can evaporate milk
· ½ cup heavy whipping cream
· ¼ stick of butter
· Salt and pepper
· Panko Breadcrumbs
1. In a pot, combine the elbow macaroni, cheddar cheese, extra sharp cheese, cream cheese, milk, evaporated milk, heavy whipping cream, and butter. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Cook on high for two and a half hours in a slow cooker.
3. Grab a portion of the macaroni and cheese. Layer it with panko breadcrumbs, bacon, and cheese.
4. Broil in the oven until cheese and bacon are cooked.
5. Season with more panko breadcrumbs. Serve and enjoy!
Have a copy of the recipe here.