Joe and John are teaching how to pan-sear a steak today. This is a viewer request from Joe's co-worker. We hope you are all enjoying your Memorial Day, we thank all those who died fighting for this country.
The recipe for this pan seared steak is available to download below the video.
If you liked this video, please like, subscribe & share our YouTube channel to help support us.
Rib-eye or T-bone steak at room temperature
4 tbsp olive oil
kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 tsp parsley
3 cloves garlic, minced
zest of 1 lemon
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp basil
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
pinch of cayenne pepper
1. Using a paper towel, pat both sides of the steak dry. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Heat skillet over medium-high heat and drizzle with olive oil. Place the steak in the middle of
the skillet and cook until a dark crust has formed, about 4-5 minutes. Using tongs, flip steak
and cook until desired doneness is reached, about 4-5 minutes for medium-rare.
3. Let rest 3-5 minutes. Serve immediately with herb butter.
4. To make herb butter, combine butter, parsley, minced garlic, lemon zest, thyme, basil, salt,
pepper, and cayenne paper in a medium bowl.
5. Transfer mixture top plastic wrap and shape into a log. Roll in plastic wrap to 1 1/2 inches in
diameter, twisting the ends to close. Refrigerate until ready to use, up to 1 week.