Who likes Panda Express Orange Chicken? Well if you are like John's wife you love it. Today Joe and John are going to show us how to make Orange Chicken at home so you don't have to go out for it. They pair this Orange Chicken with their Fried Rice.
The Orange Chicken and Fried Rice recipes are available to download be low this video.
If you liked this video, please like, subscribe & share our YouTube channel to help support us.
2 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
1 tbsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 cup cornstarch
3 cups flour
1 cups water
2 tbsp oil
6 cups of oil, for frying
Orange Sauce Ingredients
1 tbsp oil
1/4 tsp hot red pepper flakes
1 tbsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp minced ginger
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup white distilled vinegar
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp water
2 tbsp corn starch
1 tsp sesame oil
1. Cut chicken into 1 inch cubes and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl combine salt, pepper, cornstarch and flour; whisk together. Add the egg,
water and oil until it reaches the consistency of pancake batter.
3. Add the chicken to the batter and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
4. Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan until is reaches 350F. Gently add the chicken and cook for 5-6
minutes until lightly golden brown. Remove chicken from the pan and transfer to a paper towel
5. Put a heavy bottom pot over medium high heat and add 1 tbsp of oil. Once the oil begins to
simmer, add the red pepper flakes, ginger and garlic; cook for 30 seconds stirring constantly.
Add sugar 6. and brown sugar and stir to combine. Add in the orange juice and let the sugars
begin to dissolve in the liquid, stirring occasionally.
7. Add in vinegar and soy sauce and stir to combine. In a bowl whisk together cornstarch and
water; add to the pan and stir.
8. Continue to cook the sauce until it reaches a maple syrup consistency. Add in the fried chicken
and stir until completely coated in the sauce. Top with sesame oil and serve.