Every year at Christmas there is a ton of cooking preparation. It feels like we cook and bake a whole week just for one day!
Obviously since Joe and John are cooking all the time, the family loves food! Every year we make about 4 or 5 different homemade cookies for Christmas. Not just a dozen of each, more like 3 or 4 dozen of each!
Today John and Joe, along with their favorite daughters, are going to show us how to make Neapolitan Cookies, one of the cookies we make for Christmas every year and it's the only time we make them so we are excited!
The recipe for these cookies is available below the video!
If you liked this video, please like, subscribe & share our YouTube channel to help support us.
Neapolitan Cookies (3 Colored Cookies)
8 oz almond paste
2 1/2 sticks butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
5 eggs, separated
3 cups flour
green and red food coloring
8 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 tbsp milk
1. In medium bowl break almond paste into little pieces
2. Add in sticks of butter and mix together
3. Add sugar and mix
4. Add egg yolks one at a time and mix in
5. Sift in flour, and mix together
6. Beat egg whites in stand mixer with whisk attachment until you have soft peaks
7. Add beaten egg whites to dough and mix in
8. Divide dough between three bowls total (about 2 cups of dough in each bowl)
9. Add 25 drops of red food coloring to one bowl, 25 drops of green food coloring to a different bowl, and leave one dough white
10. Grease 3 9x13 pans and apply wax paper to bottom, pour each dough in to a pan and spread across evenly
11. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes
12. Once cooled remove from pans, spread raspberry jelly on the red dough, spread apricot preserves on the white dough
13. Stack the white dough, jelly side up, on top of the red dough, stack the green dough on top of the white dough
14. Put parchment paper on top of stacked doughs and place back in pan, place a pan on top of the doughs and add a heavy weight
15. Let sit with weight a couple hours, this will compress them down and help all the doughs stay together
16. In small microwavable bowl combine chocolate chips and milk
17. Heat in 30 second intervals until melted
18. Spread melted chocolate on top of the green dough
19. Refrigerate until chocolate layer is cooled
20. Trim edges to be nice and straight and cut cookies in desired size