The season of soup is upon us. There are many easy homemade soups that we love to have this
time of year and one of our favorites in Meatball Tortellini.
Growing up in an Italian-American home this soup was a staple in Joe and John's home.
Another name for this soup is Italian Wedding soup. According to Wikipedia this name comes from the Italian phrase "minestra maritata", meaning married soup. This is due to the flavors of the meat and vegetables combining like a marriage.
We hope you enjoy this video of Joe and John making Meatball Tortellini Soup and the twist John gives to it. The written recipe is below the video.
If you liked this video, please like, subscribe & share our YouTube channel to help support us.
Meatball Tortellini Soup
1 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
2 celery stalks
2 cups beef broth
2 cups chicken broth
2 cups tomato sauce
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 lb ground beef
1 tbsp milk
1 (9oz) package refrigerated tortellini
Pecorino Romano cheese
salt & pepper to taste
1. Heat pan with olive oil
2. Add chopped veggies to heated pan (onion, carrots, and celery)
3. Let veggies cook about 10 minutes then add garlic
4. Once garlic has browned add beef broth, chicken broth and tomato sauce
5. Mix the ground beef, dried oregano, pepper, salt, Pecorino Romano cheese, and milk in a bowl
6. Form small meatballs (about the size of the tortellini)
7. Once soup is boiling add meatballs
8. Bring soup back to boil then simmer about 30-45 minutes
9. Add tortellini to soup, bring to a simmer and then serve