Do you want to level up your burger? Try turning it into a BLT! BLTs are considered to be the greatest sandwich in the world. BLT or the ingredients that come with it—Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato give flavor explosions to every bite compared to a plain burger patty. BLTs are not only limited to these ingredients but can extend to a wide variety such as fried egg, avocado, jam, or anything suitable to your palate. These burgers are also best when fresh and hot.
Joining us in this episode is Julianna, our cute little chef, in recreating Carl’s Jr.'s famous BLT Burger.
1 lb ground beef (80/20)
2 Roma tomatoes, washed and sliced
1 pack bacon
3 hamburger buns
Butter (for toasting buns)
1 iceberg lettuce, rinsed and peeled
Salt & pepper to taste
Medium Cheddar Cheese
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup mayonnaise
1 pack Hidden Valley Ranch Recipe Mix
- Shape the ground beef into patties then lay it on a barbecue grill. Cook burgers, turning once, until browned on both sides and no longer pink inside. (Grill each side for five minutes each at medium heat). Season with salt and pepper.
- In a pan, fry the bacon. Remove from the pan once preferred crispiness is achieved.
- Mix buttermilk, mayonnaise, and ranch dressing mix in a bowl. Refrigerate for 30 mins.
Assembling the burger
- Butter the buns and toast each side for one minute at medium heat.
- Add a layer of lettuce to the buns then spread some ranch dressing. After, put three to four pieces of sliced tomatoes.
- Place the patty and bacon on top of the tomatoes. You could also smear some ranch dressing on the other side of the bun. Take your cheese and finish the last layer with a bun.
- Serve fresh and hot. Enjoy! You can also save the recipe here.