This Monday Joe and John did a video on Hawaiian skewers with pineapple rice. This is a great party meal or family dinner.
The recipe is available for download below.
If you liked this video, please like, subscribe & share our YouTube channel to help support us.
Hawaiian Skewers with Pineapple Rice
Hawaiian Skewer Ingredients:
12-15 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
1 can spam cut into 1" cubes or 12 oz. cubed ham
fresh pineapple cut into 1-1.5" chunks
red onion sections
red, yellow, and orange bell peppers; cut into 1" pieces
1/4 cup bbq sauce
1/2 tsp chili powder
salt and pepper to taste
Pineapple Rice Ingredients:
1 cups white rice (Jasmine or Basmati preferred)
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp bbq sauce
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tsp garlic
1 tsp chili powder
2 tsp chicken bouillon
1/2 cup fresh pineapple, small dice
1/4 cup pineapple juice
1 1/2 cups water
1. Cut all vegetables, pineapple and protein to 1-1.5" pieces.
2. Thread food onto skewers in desired order, leaving about 2 inches empty on either end of
skewer. Brush skewers with bbq sauce covering ingredients on both sides.
3. Heat on medium heat. Grill on all sides until all vegetables are slightly softened, about 5-6
minutes total flipping halfway.
4. Heat a medium sauce pan over medium high heat. Add 2 tbsp of olive oil and 1 cup of rice;
cook rice until begins to brown about 4-5 minutes.
5. Add pineapple, bbq sauce, salt, black pepper, chili powder, and chicken bouillon. Stir and add
pineapple juice and water.
Bring rice 6. to a boil, cover and reduce heat to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
7. Once rice is cooked, turn of heat, remove lid, and fluff rice with a fork. Cover with lid and let sit
about 5 minutes before serving.