As a kid going to summer camp you could always count on sloppy joes being on the menu. John
admits that he didn't like sloppy joes when he was a kid. He remembers there usually being large pieces of vegetables in the sloppy joe mix and as we know he's not a big veggie fan.
Being your own cook you can make your veggies as big or small as you like and for John and most kids we have to make them small to be almost unseen!
Also in this video Joe will tell a childhood memory about sloppy joes and how much he has always liked them. We hope you enjoy our sloppy joe recipe and try it at home.
If you liked this video, please like, subscribe & share our YouTube channel to help support us.
Grilled Sloppy Joes
2 lbs ground beef
1/2 stick of butter
1/2 onion, chopped
1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
4 cloves garlic
1 tbsp chili powder
2 tsp mustard
3/4 cup ketchup
2 tbsp brown sugar
sesame roll buns
mild cheddar cheese
1. Form large patties with raw ground beef and place on grill
2. Grill about 5 minutes on each side
3. While grilling prepare veggies, in a pan put onion, pepper, butter, salt and pepper; brown onion
4. Once patties of meat are done grilling on both sides add to the pan and break up and mix with the pepper and onion
5. Brown meat
6. Add chili powder, mustard, ketchup, brown sugar, and water (a little at a time)
7. Mix everything together and simmer 10-15 minutes
8. Let cool a couple minutes
9. Place desired amount of sloppy joe mix on bun of choice
10. Top with shredded cheese if desired