Today Joe and John are making delicious chicken enchiladas. They do add an unique twist to these so be sure to watch how they cook these enchiladas.
These are great for a family dinner or a party. The recipe is available below the video.
If you liked this video, please like, subscribe & share our YouTube channel to help support us.
Smoked Chicken Enchiladas
4 cups shredded smoked chicken
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
4 cups enchilada sauce
10 corn tortillas
1/2 cup cilantro chopped
2-3 oak or pecan wood chunks
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp hot pepper flakes
1. Preheat smoker to 225°.
2. In a small bowl mix together all the spices. Rub olive oil on both sides of meat. Sprinkle
generous amounts of mixed spices on both sides of meat and rub all over
3. Cook chicken in smoker at 225° for 4 hours.
4. Once chicken has been smoked for 4 hours. shred and combine chicken, mozzarella cheese,
cheddar cheese, and 3 cups of enchilada sauce in a medium sized bowl.
5. Place a 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture down the center line of the tortilla. Roll tortilla around
the chicken mixture and lay filled tortillas side by side in a baking dish.
6. Spoon remaining enchilada sauce and spread evenly over enchiladas. Top with mozzarella
cheese and cheddar cheese.
7. Toss wood chunks on top of coals. Set baking dish in smoker, close lid and cook 25-30
8. Remove from smoker and top with cilantro.