Chicken Parmesan is one of our favorite meals, especially around the holidays.
We use a deep pan about 1/3 of the way filled with oil on medium heat. Lay the breaded chicken cutlets in hot oil and cook on one side about three minutes then flip to the second side.
Once all the chicken is fried prepare your baking dish by putting about a quarter cup of Tomato Sauce on the bottom of the baking dish. Lay the fried chicken in the baking dish (no more then one layer). Add Tomato Sauce to the top of each chicken then layer with Pecorino Romano and Mozzarella cheese. Bake in the oven 350° for 25-30 minutes.
We hope you try this and enjoy it in your own home! Also please watch our video for more tips and to see how fun it is to cook! Our written recipe is below the video.
If you liked this video, please like, subscribe & share our YouTube channel to help support us.
2 Boneless, skinless chicken breast
2 eggs with 4 tbsp (2 oz) milk
1 cup (8 oz) seasoned bread crumbs
1/2 cup (4 oz) panko bread crumbs
1 tsp (5 ml) dried oregano and basil
1 tsp (5 ml) granulated garlic
1/2 cup (4 oz) Pecorino Romano cheese (approx)
1 cup Tomato Sauce
1 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. Heat oil in a large skillet, medium heat until simmering
3. Whisk together eggs and milk in a medium bowl
4. Combine breads crumbs, dried oregano and basil, garlic and Pecorino Romano
5. One at a time dip each chicken cutlet in egg wash and then the bread crumb mixture
6. Once all chicken cutlets are breaded lay in the hot oil
7. Cook on one side for about three minutes, or until edges are golden brown the flip
8. Cook on second side about 2-3 minutes until golden brown
9. Layer about 1/4 cup Tomato Sauce on the bottom of a baking dish
10. Place chicken in baking dish on top of sauce and then put a tablespoon of sauce on top of each piece of chicken
11. Sprinkle a small hand full of Pecorino Romano cheese on top and then layer with mozzarella cheese
12. Cover baking dish and bake in oven 25-30 minutes
13. Remove cover and bake 5 more minutes