Today John and Joe are going to show us how to make breakfast gravy.
There are only about two times a year that we make this meal traditionally. John takes it to his in-laws for Christmas breakfast, along with breakfast burritos.
The other occasion we usually make gravy and biscuits is for New Year's Eve celebration since we are "staying up until midnight" we usually serve breakfast foods.
We hope you enjoy John and Joe's video, the written recipe will be below the video.
If you liked this video, please like, subscribe & share our YouTube channel to help support us.
1 lb Italian Sausage, hot or mild
1/3 cup All-Purpose Flour
2-3 cups Whole Milk, more to taste
1/2 tsp Salt
2 tsp Ground Black Pepper, more to taste
Garlic powder to taste
Red Pepper Flakes, optional
Biscuits, warmed, for serving
1. Prepare biscuits according to package instructions
2. Put sausage in hot pan and brown
3. Once sausage is browned add flour and mix with sausage
4. Stir in garlic powder
5. Stir in steak seasoning
6. Stir in salt, pepper and optional red pepper flakes
7. Add 1 cup of milk and bring to simmer
8. Add the rest of the milk and bring back to a simmer and let it thicken up
9. Serve gravy over warm biscuits