Today Joe and John are going to show us how to make beef shawarma as request from one of our followers.
We hope you enjoy this recipe. Let us know on Facebook or Instagram if you try it. The recipe is available for download below the recipe.
If you liked this video, please like, subscribe & share our YouTube channel to help support us.
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1 1/2 lb beef flank steak, cut very thinly against the grain into bite size pieces
salt and black pepper to taste
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 medium yellow onion, halved and sliced
4 Pita bread loaves, halved (8 pita pockets)
Homemade Shawarma Sauce
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp Sweet Spanish paprika
3/4 tsp ground turmeric
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
juice of 1/2 a lime
3 garlic cloves minced
2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1. In the bottom of large mixing bowl add the shawarma spices. Add the olive oil, vinegar and
zest and juice of one lemon. Using a spoon mix until combined.
Cut the flank 2. steak against the grain into thin bite-size slices, not more than 1/4 inch thick.
3. Add the sliced meat to the bowl, Season with salt and pepper. Add the garlic and onions. Toss
the meat in the until it is well coated in the marinade. Set aside to marinate at room
temperature for a few minutes. (If you have time you can cover and refrigerate to marinate a
couple of hours.)
4. Heat a large cast iron skillet over high heat. Add meat pieces, spreading as much as possible.
Cook over high heat about 8-15 minutes until fully cooked.
5. While the meat is cooking prepare pita pockets and fixings. Make the Salad with tomatoes,
cucumbers and parsley. Make shawarma sauce by mixing all ingredients in a medium bowl.
6. Assemble the shawarma sandwiches. Open pita pockets and load with beef shawarma, salad,
and drizzle with tahini sauce. Serve immediately.